some advice on what card and brand 2 get

MooseMan1

Fully Optimized
i'm thinking of selling my ati all in wonder X600 pro. i wanna try and get at least 100 dollars out of it 2 help me buy a new video card. but what video card should i buy? i have an ati xpress x200 chipset asus board if that matters :p i wanna get a gaming video card that would smoothy play half life 2, f.e.a.r battle field 2, call of duty 2, and so forth. my main weak point in my computer is the video card because it's more multimedia than gaming. so should i buy a new graphics card now or wait until vista and conroe and attempt 2 overclock the ati card i have now? also what brand and card should i buy if i buy now thats under 200 and is pci-e

Yeah, that seems like a great card if you want a quick soloution to great graphics on latest games, and should last a while too if you don't shove resoloutions up.

I'm getting that card in AGP since its available for that too, and the performance on both versions is great, with the PCI-E version having a slightly higher clock, and runs cooler :)

i wouldnt get that, if u want that card the get the x800gto2 and flash the bios to that cards bios, its cheaper and u get the same performance :D

That X800GTO2, though powerful is very hard to find, and can't run to its full potential without alot of overclocking, etc.

It also doesn't have Shader Model 3, so new games won't get that much of a boost, so for a low price range, it is actually better to get a Nvidia card with Shader Model 3, which will give you the best visuals in a new game.

well this is what newegg says the features are:

* SMARTSHADER HD increased maximum shader instruction count to 1,536 from 160, new high-performance shader compiler
* SMOOTHVISION HD improved AA and AF performance for HD resolutions, 12X effective Temporal MSAA generates the sharpest and clearest images
* VIDEOSHADER HD integrated shader features to provide unprecedented support for digital and high definition video
* HYPER Z HD enhanced Hi-Z buffer for improved performance at HD resolutions
* 3Dc provided image enhancement, acceleration technology resulting in high polygon characters and scenes
* 128-bit, 64-bit, 32-bit per pixel floating point color formats

Back
Top Bottom