Solid State Drive PC

Yeah, BUT the drives he wants to get have the crappier controllers on them. They have a very low read and write rate. The ones I showed are some of the best out right now. Each of them are about 3-4 times faster than the cheaper one. So, having two of those will just about give him the performance of at least 4, if not more of the cheaper drives.

Right...but it is implied that when you're using RAID0 you're already using the best drives around.

Okay, time to chime in.

I gathered the information I needed. I also got some personal "advice" (both good and bad) regarding the "Why" aspect of the current project-at-hand. Personal opinion always seems to come up during some of these threads, especially when one mentions a project that most people would be silly to even think about.

That said, I came in here for the information I lacked and the advice I needed, and 90% of you have done just that. A couple of select people decided to post their words and sent my thread haywire. They're obviously not chiming in anymore after they realized their mistake(s).

Thanks to those who kept it civil in here. I've given positive feedback out to most of you who helped out.

Whatever my friend decides to do, I will keep you all updated and let you know what happens.

Cheers,

Chris

well, it didnt explane the different RAIDS in the video posted i dont think,

but in my opinion

cool idea

dumbest thing iv ever seen done with money though.

Back
Top Bottom