Solid State Drive PC

Half the guys in here are idiots. Who are you to tell someone how to spend their money? Stop being idiots and just answer his question. It's not difficult. Just because you puff and pout, doesn't mean his friend is going to change his mind. This is a very good reason why a lot of people don't stick around here. You guys act like you are everyone's accountant.

Tell your friend to get two of these drives. It should be more than enough. If not, he can just add as he goes.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227450

This has me a little confused.

If someone is not asking for best bang for a dollar deal and had constantly repeated that he wants technical info why continue rubbing it in? (dont answer that)

Are you asking why people keep rubbing in that the OP isn't asking for the best bang for the buck?

This has me a little confused.

Are you asking why people keep rubbing in that the OP isn't asking for the best bang for the buck?

Those are high end solid state drives. They have a higher sustained read and write speed. Almost 3-4 times the speed of the cheaper drives.

This is getting a bit ridiculous - I'm also a bit baffled as to what's going on! It seems we're going round in circles; let me to try and sum this up:

In short as people have said, yes theoretically the guy could spend silly money and whack silly numbers of SSDs together and get silly speeds. It's possible yes as the video shows, but hugely expensive and impractical.

Speaking in the real world, I (and pretty much everyone that's posted) would advise him to get one or two of the things at most, then wait until prices come down and speeds go up before spending loads as to avoid looking rather silly.

His money, his choice, but I can't see there's any more to add really other than the above?

My point is, why complain about people telling the OP he doesn't need 25 SSDs, then in the same post advise the OP to get one or two SSDs! Of course, that is after calling half the people here idiots.

I just find that kind of posting confusing, as I said.

What you fail to realize, Berry, is that my friend is ready to spend hundreds of dollars on purchasing the drives I referred to.

Half the guys in here are idiots. Who are you to tell someone how to spend their money? Stop being idiots and just answer his question. It's not difficult. Just because you puff and pout, doesn't mean his friend is going to change his mind. This is a very good reason why a lot of people don't stick around here. You guys act like you are everyone's accountant.

Tell your friend to get two of these drives. It should be more than enough. If not, he can just add as he goes.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16820227450

My point is, why complain about people telling the OP he doesn't need 25 SSDs, then in the same post advise the OP to get one or two SSDs! Of course, that is after calling half the people here idiots.

I just find that kind of posting confusing, as I said.

Where did I tell him that he doesn't need 25 SSD's? He has a budget of a few hundred, not a few thousand. Please read more thoroughly next time.

Where did I tell him that he doesn't need 25 SSD's? He has a budget of a few hundred, not a few thousand. Please read more thoroughly next time.

You advised him to get two SSDs after complaining about others doing the same thing.

:rolleyes:

GhostGT:

Like I stated earlier, RAID0 really gains a performance boost when you have 3-4 drives in the array. After you start going higher and higher, the performance boost gets a ridiculous drop. The increase would be barely noticeable.

If he wants to get really good performance a 4-drive RAID0 would probably be ideal. He could go with all 24 and spend a good $7.5k+, but it would be (maybe) 2x faster than a 4-drive array.

:rolleyes:

GhostGT:

Like I stated earlier, RAID0 really gains a performance boost when you have 3-4 drives in the array. After you start going higher and higher, the performance boost gets a ridiculous drop. The increase would be barely noticeable.

If he wants to get really good performance a 4-drive RAID0 would probably be ideal. He could go with all 24 and spend a good $7.5k+, but it would be (maybe) 2x faster than a 4-drive array.

Yeah, BUT the drives he wants to get have the crappier controllers on them. They have a very low read and write rate. The ones I showed are some of the best out right now. Each of them are about 3-4 times faster than the cheaper one. So, having two of those will just about give him the performance of at least 4, if not more of the cheaper drives.

Back
Top Bottom