solid amber light

jcblz1987

Beta member
okay have have a hp presario with a kd6 ed proccessor and 128 md ram. The computer worked fine 2 days ago and now I can not get it to power on completely. It will power on but will display nothing thought the monitor has a green light. All I get is an amber power light. plz help.

the amber power light is what you get from the monitor? Double check the cable connections from the back of the case and the monitor. My DVI connection comes loose from my monitor sometime and the amber light shows up.

ok is your computer making any beeping noises when it starts up besides the intial one beep?

more info

okay i have not installed hardware recently and i know hp sucks. I haven't checked the cables on the monitor but i have checked the ones in the computer. there are no beeps at start up either I will try a diffrent monitor and see if that fixes it. or could it be the graphics card?

possible but not likely and hmm cause i was going to say if you installed some new hardware it might be you psu isn't able to power your comp

could be. If you have can test the monitor on a friends computer or another PC in your house. If it works, it could be your video card.

update

okay i have changed video cards, changed monitors, changed the battery. I might be the power supply but i already replaced it once about 2 yrs ago but i have an extra so i can try that. but i am still op for ideas.

Back
Top Bottom