Software that scans for driver updates

ErdricK

In Runtime
Programs like Driver Detective etc..... are they bogus or do they really work?

Anyone use stuff like this? are there any good free programs at all or do they all cost?

To be honest, I've never heard of the solutions you listed above. I've always thought Windows Update sufficed for most hardware drivers.

I hear those programs do work. But I have never found a use for them. It's just as easy to hunt down the drivers myself.

yeah I have never used them either. I always just check the sites for my drivers. every driver you will need for your computer is only a google search away...:D:D

when you do find them, it's always a good idea to create a driver folder and save all of them there, that way you'll always have them in case they need to be reinstalled...

I have all my drivers (past, present, and soon to be needed) on my setup drive, it's about 60GBs now, filled with drivers, bioses, and program installation files, it makes reloading an OS much simpler and faster...

setupfolder.jpg

I have tried some.. But most of them will say you have a problem. Then proceed to say they will fix the problem if you buy the expensive version of the program..

Btw.. Good idea with the back up drivers and stuff.
ps.. Love the background =P

I try to find "nice" B&W backgrounds ;) , too much color and 40% of the time icons get can hidden, everytime...

Back
Top Bottom