Software to design website

the only things i'm familar with are frontpage and html. both look ugly. but those were the only things they taught in my web design class. the problem with frontpage (IMO) is that you can never get a right color to go with anything. like the gradient just looks ugly and stuff. and html lol, well let me just leave it at that.

Ya if your doing a simple website frontpage is fine. However if you want to get into advanced web design you would want to look into dreamweaver. Just go direct to Macromedia's website and download it there. Just download Studio 8. That consists of dreamweaver, Fireworks, Flash8 Pro, MX Freehand & coldfusion. That suite will give you the ability to do whatever you want.

It is alot more in depth than frontpage. Just search books on Dreamweaver and you'll find thousands of them. They have plenty of templates that should help guide you till you get a feel for the software though. Trust me though after you learn Studio8 you'll never want to go back to frontpage again!

Thanks guys. Does dreamweaver allow you to create a shopping cart system on your site, or does that require additional software?

What do you guys think of electronic storefront software?

Back
Top Bottom