Software to design website

VitaminBoy

Beta member
Hello, I'd like to design a website that looks somewhat similar (or at least as professional) to [a professional site] . I was hoping you guys could give me some advice on what software I would need to do this. I have no experience with web site design. I'm looking for software that would make it as easy as possible for someone like me that has no clue what they're doing when it comes to web design, to create a website. In fact, if there is software out their that could give me a ready made template of a web site with just some basic things that I could customize, that would be great. Then I figure all I would have to do is upload pictures and product information to the site. I'm willing to pay some decent money for software if it can make the process of creating a professional looking site easy.

Any info will be greatly appreciated.

I used to use Dreamweaver a long time ago, you can use other apps such as Flash to make movies and Fireworks to add graphics to the site.

U can find dreamweaver trial on www.adobe.com at the store (altho at the moment i wrote this its down so cant give direct link)

i have a feeling hes trying to promote his site. i wouldnt bother to help him unless he corrects me wrong. i doubt he will be back. if he does then im sorry

lol np. his name is vitamin boy and the site he used as an example is about nutrition. he is also a new poster and hasnt replied yet. seems fishy

Anubis1980 said:
I used to use Dreamweaver a long time ago, you can use other apps such as Flash to make movies and Fireworks to add graphics to the site, you can find dreamweaver trial on www.adobe.com at the store (altho at the moment i wrote this its down so cant give direct link)
Anubis, mate, you did give a link, I just used it, technically this is advertising, but I guess you were just showing us the site, soooo, um, I guess it's OK, but I will have to think about Vitamin Boy's post, he may be just doing as you did, what do you think, hmmm?

A : im not affiliated with ADOBE so it cant be advertising.

B : i gave the link so he can download dreamweaver as he asked for in his question (webpage program)

so, yes it would be advertising if i got paid for the link, and if i was affiliated with the site, however, as i am neither, then no its not, its me trying to be helpful.

And anyway why are we talking about me? its not about me its whether or not he has just joined to advertise.

OK, due to the idea that this could b advertising I just removed the link.

now... on with the suggestions.

dream weaver is smoething of an industry standard. but there is also front page (yuk). visual studio .net and a program called nuview, NVU that is free, (unlike all the others).

Ha ha, nah, this wasn't advertising I just thought that site was a good example of what I'm trying to create. So anyway, pretty much everyone I've asked this question of has reccommended Dreamweaver, so it must be a good program. My only concern is that it's going to require me to do a lot more actual web site design than I'm comfortable doing. Is it the type of program that pretty much walks you through everything?

Also, is anyone here familiar with Shopsite? I read a bit about it and it seems like it might be what I'm looking for.

Thanks for any advice.

Back
Top Bottom