Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-28-2005, 08:23 PM   #1
In Runtime
Send a message via AIM to golf_addict73 Send a message via Yahoo to golf_addict73
Default Socket M2 vs. Socket 939

Is it really worth waiting for?????? I mean i'm going to start saving again to finish my computer i'm building and was wondering if i should hold off for a while and get the M2 or just stick with the old reliable 939......there can't be much of a difference in sockets now that their coming out left and right....i mean 754 to 939 in less that 2 years!!! Is it worth it to wait or just get the 939 and love it???Also which RAM would be better the OCZ performance series or Corsiar XMS I'm gonna buy one of the 2 but was wondering which would give more performance and overclocking abilities

AMD athlon X2 3800+, Abit AN8-Ultra, Patriot sig series (2x512), Seagate barracuda 80GB sata 150, radeon X1900GT 256MB 256-bit vid card, Thermaltake silent purepower 480W psu
golf_addict73 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2005, 10:16 PM   #2
Golden Master
Default Re: Socket M2 vs. Socket 939

AMD will continue to support Socket 939 and 754 throughout all of 2006 so you might as well build the one you have planned, if you truly need another PC badly. AMD plans to eventually run all of their future processors under one platform called the Socket M. AMD’s Socket M2 CPU line will originally target the high end market bringing it's performance to the the 940-pin platform.
*Fact: Microsoft Window's Blue Screen of Death vs Computerforums.org's White Screen of Death. Which is worse?
ISOwner is offline   Reply With Quote