So this is what I've come up with.

LostSoul

Solid State Member
I'm getting tired of trying to play things on my vpcf136.... it works for a while until a massive amount of "units" start appearing on the screen. It's also starting to overheat and randomly turn off on me so I thought it was time for a new computer.

Build:
-Antec Three Hundred Black Steel ATX Mid Tower 58.95
-MSI 890FXA-GD65 AM3 AMD 890FX 149.99
-HIS IceQ X Turbo H685QNT1GD Radeon HD 6850 174.99
-COOLER MASTER GX Series RS650-ACAAE3-US 650W 79.99
-AMD Phenom II X6 1090T Black Edition 169.99
-G.SKILL Ripjaws Series 8GB DDR3 1600 2x4 51.99
-Western Digital Caviar Black WD5002AALX 500GB 59.99
-ASUS Black Blu-ray Drive SATA Model BC-12B1ST/BLK/B/AS 58.99

Cost: $804.88 (Not including monitor/mouse/keyboard obviously)

Just hoping you guys could give suggestions on what you think I should change for better at around or below the same price. Also..... fan/heatsink and WLAN? I had no idea what to get which is why I don't have them posted. xD
Anybody know of a better mobo for around or cheaper than the one listed or as previously stated anything on the list.

I actually kind of wanted to spend between 600-700. =/

Not sure where you are in the world, so I'm using Newegg. Find these models on sites where you live as appropriate.

Newegg.com - GIGABYTE GA-970A-UD3 AM3+ AMD 970 SATA 6Gb/s USB 3.0 ATX AMD Motherboard <~ Motherboard I would use instead

Otherwise, the rest of your setup is nice. The motherboard should save you about $35, and sets you up for future CPU upgrades from AMD, assuming they ever sort the issues with Bulldozer out. The chip you picked is fine (I own its older brother) and will do fine in games and other tasks.

Overall, you've got a nice setup. If you want to add a third party heatsink to your CPU, as the stock unit on the Phenoms can be a little loud sometimes, I highly recommend the Cooler Master Hyper 212+. I use one on my 1100T and I just bought one for my brother's system and it was $26 shipped. Easily one of the best deals out there right now.

Back
Top Bottom