So what do you think? Worth 299?

The Eee are pretty good IMO. But with $100 or $200 more, then you can get an really nice laptop where you can multitask more.
I think the Eee cant do things like watch HD videos on youtube.
But its a nice laptop for trips and school to like check the mail, web browse, or listen to some video and stuff.

Is it worth that much?
It all depends on you on how you plan to use it.

maybe something like this
http://www.bestbuy.com/site/olspage.jsp?skuId=9168063&type=product&id=1218041998438

Though I think the cooling on that is pretty bad.
I meant look for the Deals, like the ones they post once a week. Of course, my definition of nice might be different to others.

i agree with you... that compaq is pretty nice and its got a dedicated GPU.. my laptop was 1400 dollars...17 inch screen...8600GS gpu..3 gigs of ram.. dual core centrino 2.4ghz ..yeah once you throw more than 2 gigs in there, and a okayish dedicated card..it gets pricy.. were not going to find anything AMAZING for 500 dollars..but still, you can get something..

I don't really need amazing, I just need something that can help me with school a little bit. As well as on the go coding to past time. My cell phone can almost do that lol.. So it doesn't have to be this "OMG" computer with a 500 THz 6 GB graphic card lol you know.

Back
Top Bottom