So is the Raptor really failing?

Oh crap, they do! But if I were to replace the Raptor X I already have, I might as well go with the bigger one.

I have 60 GB left on my primary just from games and apps. I like to have a little extra space.

Hey guys,

I've got a quick question for you all. I just pulled out the old Raptor and replaced it with the new one. When I start up the computer, it asks for me to "Reboot and select proper boot device or instert boot media...etc."

I went ahead and slid in the Vista CD, restarted, and the computer takes a few minutes and stays at a Vista-like background, then the Vista installation thing pops up.

Here's my question: I've also got another hard drive hooked up as my storage drive...I don't want Vista to "somehow" be installed on this drive. Should I unhook the secondary drive and install everything on the Raptor first? Both drives are recognized by the computer, too.

Chris

Alright cool, I'll go ahead and do that and will report back.

Another quick question:

Do I need to format/partition the drive first? Or should I just go ahead and install Vista on it? I can't seem to find a way to format/partition.

Edit: Never mind. I just went ahead and started installing Windows. I just hate the fact that the installation lags to much. Sometimes the computer will just freeze for 30 seconds or so before going to the next menu or step. Hope that's normal.

Back
Top Bottom