So my bud talked me into switching over.....

LostSoul

Solid State Member
I need to change this into an intel build.... he talked some logic into me xD\
- Cooler Master HAF 912 RC-912-KKN1 59.99
- Gigabyte GA-990FXA-UD3 144.99
- Sapphire Radeon HD 6870 179.99
- PC Power and Cooling Silencer Mk II 650W 89.99
- AMD Phenom II x4 970 BE 139.99
- G Skill Ripjaws 2x4GB @1600 51.99
- Western Digital WD7502AAEX 750GB @7200 64.99
- Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS 18.99
- Rosewill RNX-N300X Wireless Adapter 24.99
Total: 775.91

He's trying to tell me to get an nvidia too..... my question is is it possible to get an intel/nvidia system that'll perform better at the same price?
If so what should I change. I do mostly gaming.
Unless you guys think I should just stick with this build for some reason.

Either-Or, it's not going to make that big a difference. AMD makes a very good CPU. I actually switched from Intel.
Thou I'm not a fan of ATI, I had some problems once and haven't had a reason to go back. But many people use ATI GPU's with no problems.

your friend convinced you to be a narcissistic, pathetic, deluded intel fanboy? ... that really doesn't inspire me to help you much.

you make it sound like if you have an AMD chip you're like, legally required to use an AMD/ATI GPU? I've built many an AMD system with NVIDIA graphics cards, and many Intel rigs with Radeon cards. There are endless combinations you can try out with numerous brands and numerous models . This goes some way as to explaining why narcissitic intel fanboys just annoy everyone.

o_O I never said that if i went with intel that I had to go with nvidia...... you misread. He just brought up what I thought was a valid point about intel and nvidia which I still slighty have a problem with.

He's a fanboy. It oozes even from your forum post. You should always go with what you can afford, and as long as you game on a monitor that's big enough to make the video card do its work, there's nothing wrong with the Phenom II, especially the 970. I'm all for the i5 and i7 these days, but I also own several Phenom II's and they're fine chips.

I don't see anything with your build other than the PSU. I used to swear by PCP&C power supplies like other folks did, then OCZ bought the brand and now they really suck (i've had two go south on me, when they never used to) so I buy Corsair units now, both at home and at work.

You are of course free to go with who you like, but I take power very seriously. :)

Back
Top Bottom