So Mad!@!@$!@!$!$!~!@#!~~!!!q!!!!!!qw!!!!!

ace777

Fully Optimized
ok, i just bought vista home premium with a fresh install of vista (backup of old windows) and now all programs need to be reinstalled to work (not from old XP) and to make matters worse I have had over 95+ hours in oblivion and its all gone!!!!!) is there any way to get my old files (saves) back otherise im going to die, someone please tell me there is a way to get these back. I tried taking the lsfolde and putting it in the new install of oblivion and i got nothing.:mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad:

You are probably stuck, and that really sucks for you.

All I can say is that anytime you do something like install a new os and such, you should back up all the files you want to save, just in case something like that happens.

I was shocked.... but..
I called MS with a SSE problem. They were very helpful and charged me NOTHING. Then they kept contacting me to see if my Vista problems were fixed. I also could not load word2007, another story. darroll

If you already re-installed it then they are permanently gone unless you check all the user files on your computer.

You said you did a backup, did you backup the "My Docuemnts" folder? That's where oblivion saves it's stuff.

if u go into the install folder in every game theres a save folder
just copy and past that into the new installation folder

If you do a backup, look for a folder in your C:\ directory called Windows.old

Thats where your old files should be if I'm not mistaken. It was there when I did an update at one point. Probably the same for a clean install +backup.

If you do a backup, look for a folder in your C:\ directory called Windows.old

Thats where your old files should be if I'm not mistaken. It was there when I did an update at one point. Probably the same for a clean install +backup.

yes they should be there

Back
Top Bottom