so I'm playing around a bit with overclocking...

wol-va-rine

Fully Optimized
and I'm on firefox and it freezes...

I shut the power off, restart, get back on firefox and all my bookmarks are GONE...

wtf...?

anyway, what I was gonna ask was this, some power supplies have a power rating and then a max power rating, but the listed rating on Newegg is always the max...

LOG575.jpg

while others don't have 2 ratings listed, so you just have to guess if what's listed on the actual power supply is the total output or max...?

TL430.jpg

which one should I be wary of, the one that says 575w on Newegg, but is actually listed as waaaay less and the max is 575w...? or the one with only 1 listed power rating...?

Hmmm...well you need a second opinion here, but i think it's a bit of a scam when they have the 2 ratings, I would try and find a 550 or whatever that is just a standard 550 etc...

Matt

Mattyl110792 said:
Hmmm...well you need a second opinion here, but i think it's a bit of a scam when they have the 2 ratings, I would try and find a 550 or whatever that is just a standard 550 etc...

Matt

I agree...

Thats bug in firefox, if you have an unexcpected restart while its opened, our book marks get deleted. Happended to me last week.

Overclocking voids your warrenty and makes your computer very unstable, i was able to overclock my old sepron 1.5gb to 2.8gb..never burnt it tout, and it ran fine, but still..bad idea.

It doesn't make it unstable if you raise voltages enough to make it stable.

Spec said:
Overclocking voids your warrenty and makes your computer very unstable, i was able to overclock my old sepron 1.5gb to 2.8gb..never burnt it tout, and it ran fine, but still..bad idea.
Not really, as long as you know what you're doing, nothing will go wrong. And it's very hard to screw up your hardware by overclocking, usually the computer will power down before any permanant damage can occur.

Spec said:

oh nice! can u help me OC my sempron im using 2200+ 1.5ghz just like yours :D

My understanding is, the psu can give outa constant 450w, however if for instance everything in ur pc came on at the same time, ie ur 2 hdd, ur 2 cd roms, say ur sound card started playing sound and a heavy game, the psu can PEAK at 575 or whatever it was. It cannot sustain the 575, but for peak its ok. Same with some speakers i have, Rating is 225 max, sustained is 115w.

Back
Top Bottom