So Im going to build a new rig...

catman44

Solid State Member
and I need a lot of help! I used to build pcs but I have been out of the loop for quite some time. I really don't know what is good anymore.
So if anyone here can help me piece together a decent gaming rig which will keep me spending under a grand that would be great.
Should I be considering an ssd over an hdd? I do have a case I can use and I wont be overclocking. I looked at this guide http://www.computerforums.org/forums/hardware/new-build-guide-175888.html
but it seems most of the parts for the build I was looking at have been discontinued.

Its basically still the same game. Make sure all your pieces of hardware are comparable and know what you're doing that first boot.

Ssd's are expensive, I think a regular hdd would work just fine, especially when you're looking to keep it below a grand.

Overclocking will give you more bang for your Buck if you know what you're doing. I would recommend overclocking. I'd you don't k ow how or are sceptical about it, they have really good guides on the internet, even videos.

Edit, browse newegg for the newest pieces of hardware. Do some research and get yourself back in the loop brotha!

Back
Top Bottom