So I'm building a computer on a $600US budget...

I've never build a PC before (though I'm sure I can) but I just don't want DOA components and random ship times. (Getting components weeks apart etc.)

I have built a rack server and code multiple languages and am the operating system KING! (dual boots mods etc.) But, I don't know if I should give this a crack or not. I currently have a garbage laptop so this will be worthwhile. I suppose this build will lead to many so I just need a final decision on the graphics card and I will order them parts!

Yeah I was worried about doa and stuff not working too
Lucky for me, all the stuff worked

You won't get your stuff weeks apart unless you order the stuff weeks apart lol

That's a very good deal on the 4850 too
I would pick another one up if I had the money to spend and just crossfire mine.

Yeah I was worried about doa and stuff not working too
Lucky for me, all the stuff worked

You won't get your stuff weeks apart unless you order the stuff weeks apart lol

That's a very good deal on the 4850 too
I would pick another one up if I had the money to spend and just crossfire mine.

id get another 4850 to if my mobo was CF able...lol
bad planning on my part..

If that's true then you should know 2 things.
1> Vista will handle all of that hardware better than XP.
2> You need a 64 bit OS to see all of that ram you plan on chucking in.

NewEgg is famous for getting hardware to the buyer in short order. And DOA componets can happen no matter where you buy them.

DOA components will NOT happen on a built, tested, then shipped machine. I will be using XP 64 bit because I hate vista's resource-hoggery when I'm rendering big graphical projects etc.

Also... I think newegg is broke... $9.71 to three day UPS me all that junk?

Still, is this graphics card ok I need 1gb of graphical memory.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121325

Also, if you had any intelligence for OS'es you would also know support for more than 3 or 4 gigabytes of RAM or however much CAN be enabled AND used on a 32 bit OS.

How much do you think it would cost to add a hot-swap bay to this thing?

if you're really on a budget, i would lay off on the heatsink

and maybe even a smaller hdd, unless you are dl'ing tons and tons of movies

and pick out something like an e7400 (even if you get the faster e8400 it will still be outdated pretty soon by quads)

and see if you can even debo a dvd/cd optical drive from an older computer

and definitely focus more resources towards the gpu. this will make the most impact in your gaming experience

um telling you the extra 512mb wolnt make much difference in its ability

its more important for core clocks, mem clocks, bus width

and with the 32 bit OS...

u will only be able to use 3.4GB's or so of ur ram...and get cheeped out of the other 600Mbs

basicly everyone here knows that and ur not teaching us anything new lol

DOA components will NOT happen on a built, tested, then shipped machine. I will be using XP 64 bit because I hate vista's resource-hoggery when I'm rendering big graphical projects etc.

Also... I think newegg is broke... $9.71 to three day UPS me all that junk?

Still, is this graphics card ok I need 1gb of graphical memory.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814121325

Also, if you had any intelligence for OS'es you would also know support for more than 3 or 4 gigabytes of RAM or however much CAN be enabled AND used on a 32 bit OS.

How much do you think it would cost to add a hot-swap bay to this thing?

Vista may use a bit more resources than XP, but with sufficient ram; you probably wouldn't notice, when it comes to gaming or pretty much anything else for that matter. Personally, I would get Vista; since it comes with a coupon for Windows 7 anyway. I think that is better than being stuck in the age of XP for years, and years. Unless you are really set on XP, than go ahead. It's not my money to spend.

You generally don't need a 1GB card. I don't know why you keep saying you do. Unless you have a high resolution monitor, you won't really see a difference, but you know; Again, I'm not going to tell you what to spend your money on. It's your money after all. GTA4 does take a lot of RAM though. -_- Very poorly managed.

It's up to you if you want to build or buy it prebuilt. It doesn't really matter to us, so if you want to build than build. If not, than buy a prebuilt. If you don't want DOA parts, than buy a prebuilt. But seriously, don't come in here saying stuff like
DOA components will NOT happen on a built, tested, then shipped machine.
trying to be a smartass or something, like you trying to tell us something that you think that we don't know, when we do know. Buy a prebuilt then, noone in the long run here cares how you spend your money. We are trying to help you make a decision, but you don't seem to want to agree with anything we say.

Buy a 4850 or something better if you want to game, the card you listed is pretty bad with more recent game. 4850 is a great budget gaming card. You could look at the 4770 if you want something with a little less power consumption for around the same performance.

Also, ~10 bucks for a quicker shipment isn't all that bad. Especially when you are spending ~600 dollars for a computer. If you don't want it don't get it. Prebuilt is the same deal, you will probably spend more than 10 dollars than you would building the thing.

u will only be able to use 3.4GB's or so of ur ram...and get cheeped out of the other 600Mbs

I always put a 64-bit operating system on my computer. Why not?

Vista may use a bit more resources than XP, but with sufficient ram; you probably wouldn't notice, when it comes to gaming or pretty much anything else for that matter. Personally, I would get Vista; since it comes with a coupon for Windows 7 anyway. I think that is better than being stuck in the age of XP for years, and years. Unless you are really set on XP, than go ahead. It's not my money to spend.

You generally don't need a 1GB card. I don't know why you keep saying you do. Unless you have a high resolution monitor, you won't really see a difference, but you know; Again, I'm not going to tell you what to spend your money on. It's your money after all. GTA4 does take a lot of RAM though. -_- Very poorly managed.

It's up to you if you want to build or buy it prebuilt. It doesn't really matter to us, so if you want to build than build. If not, than buy a prebuilt. If you don't want DOA parts, than buy a prebuilt. But seriously, don't come in here saying stuff like trying to be a smartass or something, like you trying to tell us something that you think that we don't know, when we do know. Buy a prebuilt then, noone in the long run here cares how you spend your money. We are trying to help you make a decision, but you don't seem to want to agree with anything we say.

Buy a 4850 or something better if you want to game, the card you listed is pretty bad with more recent game. 4850 is a great budget gaming card. You could look at the 4770 if you want something with a little less power consumption for around the same performance.

Also, ~10 bucks for a quicker shipment isn't all that bad. Especially when you are spending ~600 dollars for a computer. If you don't want it don't get it. Prebuilt is the same deal, you will probably spend more than 10 dollars than you would building the thing.

What I'm saying is if I buy a prebuilt there will be no DOA parts. Also I just like XP, I'm used to it but I will surely get Windows 7 when it comes out.

SO the 512mb from the same company on the same platform will perform better? I'm honestly curious I'm not being an ass.

Seriously...

Back
Top Bottom