So I just had this wild idea.

winslow33

Daemon Poster
I have an old xbox classic I never really use anymore. Always wanted to do a softmod but didnt have a memory card or a USB-xbox adapter... Today i was walking by a yardsale when I noticed an xbox classic controller for $5. Bought it and figured I'd make my own adapter from the cable. Works good, I spliced a USB extention cord and wired the female end onto the controller plug in, so I can plug a USB drive in.

So after this I had a male USB end and an xbox classic controller with no end, just a cut cable. So I thought to myself, If i can hook a thumb drive into an xbox, maybe I can use the controller in a computer as a USB joystick!

Experimented around with it by wiring it the same as the USB-to-Xbox adapter and plugged it into my Windows XP laptop. Windows detected it and tried to find the drivers but didnt have the apropriate ones. Not too surprised at this but I'm still gonna try.

My question is: does anyone have any idea of what I can do for drivers?

I used an adapter I got at walmart and found some xbox drivers on google. Google is your friend on this one :)

Back
Top Bottom