so i am shopping for this computer.how'am i doig

bigger hdd?a gfx card? whats the final cost, so far its a great budget pc i like man.

thanks i got the total cost down to about 500 at my door step. i cant wait to tell my mom her beloved lcd is the most exspensive part of it. and ill say "becasue i love you" then i grin. lol

whats a gfx i think you mean graphics right.......the mobo has intergraded video and sound.

i dont need a case but i guess iff i want it to look new i should dicth my dell case that has a spot for a psu that is definate. like it has to be the right size.

and later on if it is not fast enough we can get another stick of the same ram. and i am thinking i should buy a cpu that is a little more ocable. her speed she has right now on her 10 year old dell is like .833 Ghz. and i hate it. but i'll soon have my own computer when i get the money.

as for the HDD. she dont need much space. just taxas and words and numbers. she just want to update to a computer like they gave her at work(thats what sparked her want, and the want for the lcd) that is also the reason for XP.............she has had 2000. and xp is close to 2000. and lets face it. she is not the most computer smart person. she needed help with a cam and the files and stuff.....and my dad....dont ask. so no vista. i want vista on mine though but thats later on in life

is that cpu fast enough. with the processor we have now when i am on the web. i can have 3 pages up and 4 if i am lucky. if i open another the other go away and then i have to re open everything. would this single core slove that. i have room so spend a little more. i cant decide.

here is a page from newegg that has the processors that work in my mobo. well they have to be a Athlon 64 X2 / Athlon 64 FX / Athlon 64 / Sempron

wait so that processor in my list above will not work with my mobo acording to the specs. right.?..

well here is the page http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...=50001028+40000343+1051720996&name=Socket+AM2

its a socket am2 it should but ask someone else on here to verify that.

ok thanks ace.

i no i want am2 and not am2+, cause that is way more monay for that.

edit my board is socket am2 and only am2. lol i need a new processor in my head. i can not
muti-remember

i just saw this

all the daul cores are 2000Mhz and single are 800Mhz for the hyper transport on this page of am2 processors

and my board is 1000Mhz? so would that mean a daulcore would be bottelnecked?

yeah its generally for quads or tris (if thats what its called) but please verify just to make sure so that there are no compatability issues.

and you may want to try dual core a 1.9 is cheaper and will really make you cook with gas.

Back
Top Bottom