So come on, plain and simple...

Right..

You get the 5950 bios off the leadtek website, put it on a floppy with a flash program. Boot up dos from a windows 98 floppy, put in the floppy with the bios and flash utility and type some commands to flash the card with the new bios.

Tons of people say it works, if that guide is to crappy just search the net there are tons on it. Works with alot of ATI cards aswell.

lol... you know i just got that card in april, I was livin with a 8MB before that. Lol.. And before that i had a 32mb TNT2..which was proberly better than what i got now

Lord Kalthorn said:
It means he takes the card out, put it on his bed and flashes it. Then he says if you don't become a 5950 then I'll do it again - and it becomes a 5950. :D

Nah - I don't understand that either. I hope it isn't the above.

AHAHAHAHAHAAHAHHAAHAHAHHAHAhHAA

holy crap
haha.
that's funniest thing i've read today.
we need some more of that.

well here's a site, that teaches u how to flash.
or at least the basics.
http://www.rojakpot.com/default.aspx?location=3&var1=91&var2=0

For that kind of money I'd get a gainward 5900XT golden sample. Guarantee'd to overclock. You get the same speed as 9800pro (near as damn it). and it is reliable.

Either that or save a little longer, looks like Doom3 is going to need a lot of poke.

6800 might be twice the price, but twice the performance.

Anyone know how the 6800 Ultra overclocks? I'm sure I'll get some kind of answer from GeForce boy!

gibant1 said:
For that kind of money I'd get a gainward 5900XT golden sample. Guarantee'd to overclock. You get the same speed as 9800pro (near as damn it). and it is reliable.

Either that or save a little longer, looks like Doom3 is going to need a lot of poke.

6800 might be twice the price, but twice the performance.

why would you get a 5900xt???
i jus said u could turn the 9800 pro into a xt.
and like everybody says on this forum, speed doesn't realli matter that much.

and 6800 is not twice the price. you can look around right now and find a regular (non ultra non GT) 6800 for only 280 USD. that's a pretty sweet deal. but the prices are gonna drop again, so i'd wait until the games are released.

Barrett
and how a 6800 overclocks?? I dont' understand what your asking. Are you asking how to overclock the sucker? Or how well it overclocks. sorry, but can u be a little bit more specific? thx.

Like Tibs said, wait until the more graphical games are released before going into the 6800 region. There arn't actually many games that utilise the cards potential, Doom 3 and Half-Life 2 should bring us large graphic price drops.

Why would you get a 5900XT?

It's reliable (unlike ATI's). the gainward overclocks nicely. You could if you wanted flash it to 5950 it you wanted.

If you have the money then by all means get a 6800 (preferably GT or above).

My GT overclocks easily to 400Mhz core and 1.1Ghz memory.

Go on then Tibs, Oh fountain of graphic card knowlage, What are you using?

Back
Top Bottom