So any new Nvidia cards announced ?

has that been confirmed and how much will it cost lol ? since ur basically saying it will be better than 2 GTX 295's

Im saving up for the X2 verison of the RV870 (HD 5870) and yeah just like all new video cards, im pretty sure itll be better than older video cards. It'll probably be insanely expensive which is why i have $130 saved so far.

http://www.hexus.net/content/item.php?item=18240

The specs listed were pulled back by ati/amd 2 weeks ago, and ati/amd released that it is delaying the HD 5870 to Q1 of next year. Probably due to the GT300 specs release

has that been confirmed and how much will it cost lol ? since ur basically saying it will be better than 2 GTX 295's
It's impossible to say. All specs will just be speculation at this time. It was apparently confirmed that RV770 would have 480 SPs right up until about 2 weeks before launch where rumors started appearing about the 800 SPs.

It's impossible to say. All specs will just be speculation at this time. It was apparently confirmed that RV770 would have 480 SPs right up until about 2 weeks before launch where rumors started appearing about the 800 SPs.

ya dats what i thought, i know new cards are pretty powerfull but being twice as good as a 295, i dont think so, i believe it being better but not THAT much better like the 4870x2 and 295. Though we will be seeing a lot of powerful cards now since the whole 3D stuff.

Thats probably wat DX11 will be mainly on but who knows

idk i just think you shouldve just waited for the GT300 techmaster

yea i agree man, i totally agree with you, but the 350 that was supposabley supposed to launch in Q4 of 2008 made me loose hopes i guess :(

but man give it time, year or 2 and than ill probably upgrade to a brand new spanking best of the line card, unless ATi will be the current best card leader, than ill just wait till Nvidia is again. ATi is not bad but i prefer Nvidia, personal preference.

Ok im not trying to down your choice in card tech. I love the GTX 295. I envy you for having it, theres times that ill look at the asus gtx 295 and i almost went through buying it. But when im spending that much on a component, i like to see all my options, i like to see whats in the future. But considering how long the GT300 date was extended i agree with you. its too long to wait.

And you just have such a badass build tech. im jealous :D

yeah, that build is pretty sweet.

But if you aren't about having the best of the best, then you will be happy with your current one since it suits you. I envy people that can get the newest and top, but when I play games, I don't see an actual reason why I need to upgrade as I can max out the games I play. I plan to keep my 8800GT till next year. In fact, I want to keep my current rig for a whole year. Ever since I started building computers, I always replaced parts every 4 months or so, and that's a lot of money. When I am forced to play my games on low/medium settings, I will upgrade.

I learned that even if you have the best of the best, in a few months, it wont be in the technological world.

Ok im not trying to down your choice in card tech. I love the GTX 295. I envy you for having it, theres times that ill look at the asus gtx 295 and i almost went through buying it. But when im spending that much on a component, i like to see all my options, i like to see whats in the future. But considering how long the GT300 date was extended i agree with you. its too long to wait.

And you just have such a badass build tech. im jealous :D

lol thanks but give it a year and it will probably be a normal build, im going to be taking everything out thursday or friday and cleaning out the whole case, its clean just you can still see dust in the hard to clean areas so i want to clean everything out and ill probably post some pics but thanks. The 295 is an awesome card

yeah, that build is pretty sweet.

But if you aren't about having the best of the best, then you will be happy with your current one since it suits you. I envy people that can get the newest and top, but when I play games, I don't see an actual reason why I need to upgrade as I can max out the games I play. I plan to keep my 8800GT till next year. In fact, I want to keep my current rig for a whole year. Ever since I started building computers, I always replaced parts every 4 months or so, and that's a lot of money. When I am forced to play my games on low/medium settings, I will upgrade.

I learned that even if you have the best of the best, in a few months, it wont be in the technological world.

na i think every 4 months is just way to much money, for me its like every year or year 1/2

na i think every 4 months is just way to much money, for me its like every year or year 1/2

yeah, I stopped doing that, and it turns out that I have quite a lot of money when I dont keep spending it on computer parts. :D

Back
Top Bottom