Sneakernet

Disenchanterx

In Runtime
Sneakernet HDD

I'm putting together a HTPC for my father. He wants to be able to come to my house and grab like 20- 30 Movies etc. Take them to his house to watch them on his HTPC. After viewing he then wants to delete them and bring the HDD back to load more movies on. Rinse Repeat.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16817993031
I am using these on the my computer and was thinking about putting this in his HTPC. Problem is that I also need a Blu-ray in the HTPC case. The cases with two 5.25 external drive bays jump significantly in price. More then i'm willing to pay

I'm also thinking of possibly using just a HDD dock using esata. However I would really like to keep this thing as one unit without a whole bunch of other crap attached to it.

Any other solutions or thoughts on what I could do, even a outside the box suggestion. I need to figure this out he's chomping at the bits for this machine.

Nah, I haven't purchased any off it. It doesn't have to be an HTPC case. It cannot be an upright case is the main concern here. I have 11'' to play with for vertical height. Width and depth are not an issue.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16811129034

I'm thinking about getting this case. It's one Mike Chin's collaborations. Then I could possibly put this hot swappable rack in it.

Yeah, that would work. It kinda looks like a piece of stereo equipment anyways, would probably work well as a HTPC case.

That's a pretty nice looking case, should look right at home in an entertainment center.

Yeah I've decided to go with the Antec case. not really excited about the silver color.
This just seems like my best option. I wish I could talk him into a media server for a back end and build a much smaller front end HTPC. He just isn't listening to me on this. He wants one PC to do everything. Trying to figure out the storage drives, data transfer and case size/ compatibility seem to be the issues

Back
Top Bottom