Slow Transfer Speed!
I am trying to transfer about 450G from my external (WD SE16 WD5000KS 500GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s) HDD to the (WD Caviar SE16 WD6400AAKS 640GB 7200 RPM 16MB Cache SATA 3.0Gb/s) HDD. I am using a firewire (IEEE 1394) cable to do the transfer, the problem that I’m having is the transfer speed. I start of with like 30mb/s and then with it 10min it drops to like 18mb/s (it might even go lower havent test it longer) I have checked the jumpers on both hdd, there are none. is there a way to boost the transfer speed? I’m using Windows Vista 64bit & my PC is in my sig.
- Asus P6T Deluxe v2 - Intel i7 920 @4Ghz 1.35v- Prolimatech HS - Cosmos S Case -
- ABS Tagan BZ Series BZ800 PSU
- ATI 5870 - G.SKILL 6GB DDR3 1600 - Razer Barracuda™ AC-1
- 120GB Crucial C300 SSD & 3X WD640AAKS HDD
- Dell 24" 2408WFP & 2407WFP-HC Monitor