Slow startup

I'm 95% sure it is what I just posted give it a try! I have a sim. mobo and It had AGP integrated, when I got the PCI upgrade I had to switch to get it to show the screen on start-up.

his screen is working though, it's just has a delay before it shows anything. It doesn't kick into action until the windows is booting, or untill what I guess, the drivers have been loaded and initiated.

His graphics card it fine as it's the ports on the same graphics card that is the difference, not the card itself, it hasn't changed. It works normal with the VGA connection on the same card. DVI is the only difference.

Well that brings up another problem i cant get into BIOS lol, it has a password and i remember setting it but cant remember now. Anyway to reset it?

turn of your PC. unplug it. open the case, remove the battery on the motherboard and wait for a minute. If you can find a BIOS reset jumper, use that instead, if not just remove the battery. replace the battery after a minute or so and replace the case side.

Turn on the PC and the BIOS should no longer have a password.

I will remove the battery later, what else could cause the slow windows startup to occur?
BTW this mobo has never had integrated video, its only video card ever on it is the PCI-E in it now.

I now can get into the BIOS, but i dont know what to change i didnt see anything about a video card. I was only able to get into BIOS by changing to VGA temporaily and then switching to DVI after Windows booted up... about 3 mins after i exited BIOS. Its getting rediculous and i dont know how to fix it lol.

Try looking for a jumper on your graphics card itself. Sometimes you find some on them, and there could be a possibility that there's one on your's to select either DVI or VGA as the default output port.

Back
Top Bottom