slow pc problems

i already have those program. when i say toolbars i do not mean spyware related. i mean for example i am in my bt yahoo software. i will try and type and the yahoo help box will come up.

avg just said i had a trojan/backdoor/worm or something and it wouldnt delete or heal so i clicked continue. it was c:\windows\system32\etzreze.exe

\etzreze is not what it was called but it was something simular but i forgot.

avg doesnt seem to find anything. my pc is fine now but before i opened up the folder with all my old docs in and then thats when i got the virus message. i recon something in my old documents has a virus but avg hasnt detected it.

sorted! was "updates.pif". a worm/virus. etc. deleted it and pc seems fine. thanks for all your help!

Kewl :)

What gets me though, is with protection, it shouldn't have gotten onto your computer in the first place...

Open your Antivirus, and check if theres an AutoOn button or something that'll continually search files coming in from the Internet.
I don't know if AVG has something like that, but on Norton, which I have, it tells you if somethings coming through thats a virus and asks should it be deleted.

yep i have that. pc seems fine now though. only got the viruses when i re formatted for some reason. anyway pc is going fast. not as fast as before but maybe because windows update is downloading 28 updates

Back
Top Bottom