slow internet

Amd64

Baseband Member
i have dsl and sometimes my internet connection is 100kbps according to cnet bandwith meter.
same speed with firefox, exploror and google chrome.
i think its spyware. but when i look under running processes i do not see anything unusual ... i was wondering how something could slow down just the internet ...

when i use system restore its fine for a while.

deleted cookies past history. system clean up. defrag.
any help would be great. thanks.

Speed tests are not always accurate -- I've tested my connection on CNET and got a result of 2 down and I have a 50 down connection.

Try a speed test over at speedtest.net and see if you get a different result.

the same thing has been happening to me. I'm not sur why though. I do scan and all, but nothing really happens to help me.

im with Vrigin emdia and my inetrnet for the past week or so had been goig slower than normal, but its back to normal now

Same here, the past few days I haven't been able to get online and all of a sudden the internet works fine. I have AT&T though.

Same here, the past few days I haven't been able to get online and all of a sudden the internet works fine. I have AT&T though.

WE switched from AT&T to Brighthouse. AT&T had okay internet but their HD (for TV) just flat out sucked. BHouse has fast internet but they throttle bandwidth way too much.

Back
Top Bottom