Slow Game Loading, Help.

tomirlik

In Runtime
Hi. I am having a problem with some games, like Counter Strike Source and Warcraft 3. I noticed that loading takes a long time. I have a P4-D 3.0Ghz with 2G DDR2 RAM, a 512mb ATI x550, and 250G SETA 7200prm. I know my loading is a problem, cause I have a friend with a comp with just 512mb RAM, and he loads his games almost twice as fast as me! So what is the problem? Is my crappy gpu bottlenecking everything else? Thanks in advance!

My friend has a 256mb Nvidia 6600 I think, better than my x550 for sure I know. So, it's the gpu thats blocking my computer's potential to load the application fast?

tomirlik said:
My friend has a 256mb Nvidia 6600 I think, better than my x550 for sure I know. So, it's the gpu thats blocking my computer's potential to load the application fast?
most likely, yes

vid card shouldn't matter too much when talking about loading times, it's mostly ram. Vid card is the biggest factor in the fps that u get in games. Have the maps always loaded slowly? Or has it started happening recently.

Do you ever do routine maintenance on ya pc? Like defragging ya HDD and stuff, if not it might help

I do regular virus and skyware scans, but I havn't done a defrag for a long time. Its mostly in the red, so I'll do a defrag today. Actually, I noticed that the longer loading times starting happening only within the last month. So yeah, maybe the defragmentation will help. Any other thoughts?

Ah, I just discovered something. I don't know why or how, but there are a LOT of errors on my computer (found out by right-clicking my computer, manage). Perhaps that is f&##ing up my system's speed. Well, if thats the case, is it true that I have to reinstall Windows or reformat my comp, cause I would wanna avoid that!

Back
Top Bottom