Re: slow computer even with 2GB memory???
thanks so much for all the advice guys.. so far i've::
1) run a full system scan using norton AV
2) run a full system scan using spybot
3) disabled almost every startup process i dont actively need (there's about 6 things left in the startup now)
4) ran ccleaner.. but from what i could tell, it just cleaned up the caches and temp files???
5) used ccleaner to clean up all registry issues (after backup of course)
and i havent really noticed a huge difference.. maybe i need to give it some time and a couple of reboots? i'm going to run the recommended disk defrag program after i finish this post, hopefully that'll help too
anything i'm missing? thanks again
ps.. i have 4 things in my tray.. norton, volume control, sound control, and wifi control.. all essential. also, i'm not keeping any proccesses running that i'm not actively using, but the problem occurs when i try to use two huge programs (like itunes + DVD burning or AIM + video chat). i have more than enough memory, but it slows down even at 42% usage as stated before..
pss.. how can i clean up my fan??