Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 10-28-2007, 03:43 PM   #11
Baseband Member

Send a message via AIM to nite090 Send a message via MSN to nite090
Default Re: Slow Computer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cavemangrinder View Post
I would probably take longer to get your hdd back up and running after reformatting than if you just run the defrag.

I doubt its a spyware issue, but for the best anti-spyware program get Spyware Doctor. By far the most powerful one that I've used. You might wanna try that before you wipe out your hdd.
I doubt its spyware. I thought it might have something to do with registry keys because I installed some chinese games on my computer. (In china, $20 US = 50 CDs) Well I learned my lesson. @_@ It actually have a bunch of virus, not something that Norton can detect =[. Or spyware, adware, mal, etc.

nite090 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 04:19 PM   #12
Fully Optimized

Do the system restore in XP. Try and revert it back to a date before you installed those games, maybe that will fix your problem.

These 2 programs are powerful registry cleaners, better the CCleaner. Just make sure to back up your registry with the program before cleaning.

Wise Registry Cleaner free:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/R...-Cleaner.shtml

Ace Utilities free for 30 days:
http://www.acelogix.com/download.html

cavemangrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 05:15 PM   #13
Daemon Poster

When I installed Norton on my PC it really slowed it down, even after I removed it. I found that it only sped up after a format. Since then I havnt bothered with antivirus software athough I wouldnt reccomend that approach.
vaio-fx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 05:17 PM   #14
Baseband Member

Quote:
Do the system restore in XP. Try and revert it back to a date before you installed those games, maybe that will fix your problem.

These 2 programs are powerful registry cleaners, better the CCleaner. Just make sure to back up your registry with the program before cleaning.

Wise Registry Cleaner free:
http://www.softpedia.com/get/Tweak/R...-Cleaner.shtml

Ace Utilities free for 30 days:
http://www.acelogix.com/download.html
I tried system restore, but it didn't work. I am not sure but something is killing my memory :x.

Can I get a opinion from you about the Wise Registry Cleaner? Its looks good, but since there are so many registry cleaners out there, its hard to find a "good" one. And since all of them reqiures me to buy it, getting a free registry program is kinda suspicious. No offense.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:21 PM   #15
In Runtime

also running spyware programs and virus programs in safe mode or with system restore temporarily turned off can detect a lot more...just make sure to turn it back on
Old 10-28-2007, 05:29 PM   #16
Baseband Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4thgradedropout View Post
also running spyware programs and virus programs in safe mode or with system restore temporarily turned off can detect a lot more...just make sure to turn it back on
Well, I tried everything everyone said so far.

Results:

Anti-Virus - Installing the program itself is time consuming due to the speed(Not to mention spanning the whole computer). And usually end up with nothing detected.

Spyware - Two problems found but they are adware, from limewire.

Clearing some space - Helps a bit.

Registry Cleaners - over 1000 detected. After cleaning all of it, my system start-up is even worse, and some error occured. Back-it up, however it still have some problems.

Startup - takes 5mins or more.

Probably my system is corrupted. Formating is my only solution >_<. Thx for the help though.
Old 10-28-2007, 05:58 PM   #17
Fully Optimized

Quote:
Originally Posted by nite090 View Post
I tried system restore, but it didn't work. I am not sure but something is killing my memory :x.

Can I get a opinion from you about the Wise Registry Cleaner? Its looks good, but since there are so many registry cleaners out there, its hard to find a "good" one. And since all of them reqiures me to buy it, getting a free registry program is kinda suspicious. No offense.

I use CCleaner for cleaning junk files on my computer and then I use Wise Registry Cleaner to clean and fix the registry from time to time. It is the best Reg Cleaner I've used so far, WAY better than the registry cleaner that comes with ccleaner. It is completely free, it asks if you want to make a donation or something like that but you dont have too. I say give it a try before you decide to give in and reformat.
cavemangrinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2007, 06:16 PM   #18
Baseband Member

Quote:
I use CCleaner for cleaning junk files on my computer and then I use Wise Registry Cleaner to clean and fix the registry from time to time. It is the best Reg Cleaner I've used so far, WAY better than the registry cleaner that comes with ccleaner. It is completely free, it asks if you want to make a donation or something like that but you dont have too. I say give it a try before you decide to give in and reformat.
Thx alot. But I already messed up my registry with other "free" registry cleaners. xD I'll try Wise Registry Cleaner soon or later. Since I already formatted my computer not long ago, everything seems to got back to normal! Once again, thx!