Slow Computer

~K-Pow~

Daemon Poster
Hey fellas, my friend has a slow computer and i mean slow, and windows installer gives him an error when he tries to install windows defender.

This is a wireless laptop we use here at the office if we were to reformat and stuff we would have to pu the computer on the server again right???

I'd rather any suggestions or any programs that might help speed up the comptuer, we've run adware and malware and virus scans and they are coming up clean, he's using none of this resources really, the process is like 0 to 10% and the memory is like 10000 out of 1300000 so he's not taxing the computer so i'm wondering why it could be so slow... could it be over heating maybe, is there a program i could use to check the temps?? any help is greatly appriciated...

K-Pow

what specs r the laptop?

as for programs u cud try everest home edition to see the temps of the cpu etc. A great program is tune up utils 2006 for cleaning up the pc, i swear by it, its not a freeware program tho, but i think u can get it on trial to test it to see if this helps. Has he degfragged his disk lately? is there enough swap file allocated to windows and enough space left on the disk, usually when the disk is very near empty windows runs terribly. there are so many things to try!! :)

thanks for responding, i've tried pretty much everything i can think of the hard drive is nowhere near filled. Just probably going to do a reformat i guess :(

Check out the Temps in BIOS. it should display a temp monitor in there.

do this after the lappy has been on for a while. then check the manufacters web site, or google to see the proper operating temps for that laptop.

or you may know right off the bat the temps are too high just by looking at it.

other than that.

Defrag...

worst comes to worst reinstall.... :(

Do a re-format, putting a laptop on a server isan't hard, just copy the settings from the other computers.

thanks all for your speedy replys i'm going to try some malware scans first before i reformatt if that don't work i guess i'll have to. Thanks Joxley i was worried i might have trouble putting it back on.

good point about the malware my bro had a really vicious worm on his messed pc up big time. hope u get it fixed

Back
Top Bottom