sloooow start up

HP and other companies like to bundle software with their PCs. Here's some of the stuff they tend to put on their PCs:
Norton Antivirus or Norton 360
HP Photosmart Essentials
Vongo
HP Health Check (or something like that)
HP Quick Play
MS Office 2007 (60 day trial)

That's not all of them but those are some of the ones I had with mine. If you're unsure, you could always look on your computer for anything made by HP or do MSCONFIG and take a screenshot or tell us what's in the start up. The more things you have in the start up, the longer your PC will take to boot up.

alright, thanks.

Should I use both spybot and ad-adware? Those aren't the same thing are they?

And yes, I did go through msconfig

You don't need both, Adaware is fine, alot of people Dont like it but for a freebie
its ok.

correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure spybot is for spyware but takes care of some adware,

and ad aware is for adware and takes care of some spyware ??

i always run both

correct me if im wrong but im pretty sure spybot is for spyware but takes care of some adware,

and ad aware is for adware and takes care of some spyware ??

i always run both

You're right about spybot but ad aware does take care of spyware too. I usually run both since they're good programs and they're free.

There is a difference between adware and spyware? I'm really losing a handle on these terms...

here are my start up processes:

2.jpg

3.jpg

1.jpg

ok lol

heres my list

remove

sm56 helper win32 utility
synaptics pointing device driver
hd audio control panel
raid event monitor
hp health check scheduler
nvidia driver helper service
nvidia compatible windows 2000 display driver
nvidia media center library
synaptics pointing devicer driver (again)
Microsoft Windows Operating System (welcome Screen)
RocketDock
AOL Service Libraries
HP Quick Lanch Buttons
HP Wireless assistant X2
JAva Platform
GrooveMonitor Utility
Adobe Photo Downloaded
Adobe System, Inc

unless you specifically use 1 of those programs, like the hp wireless assistant, chances are you connect using the windows zero config thing but if you do use the hp wireless assistant leave it there,

etc like the nvidia library thing if u no u use it leave it but chances are you dont,

notice you are removing the pointing device driver which makes you think your mouse wont work, trust me it will be fine

also remember that these are just startup items. you can just run them as and when you need them. no need for them all at once

yeah that aswell lol, alot of these items are 100% useless so even once your up and runing you will never load them nvidia driver helper service for example i mean why does nvidia assume that as soon as i start my computer i need help lol. if i needed help id come to CF.org not some stupid nvidia help tool.

Back
Top Bottom