Slight problem with hibernation

Juice1

Fully Optimized
I can't hibernate. Not too much of a big issue but it'd be nice if I could. I have the sleep option, but when I press shift, it doesn't change to hibernate.

Edit: Figured it out already :)

What did you do to fix it? I have a problem, where when I put it into hibernate, it just restarts basically. And vista sleep mode is basically putting on a screen saver, where as on my old mobo, it would shut everything down, and you had to press the power switch to turn it on.

Well, I have XP. So... I dunno. I know when I put my laptop into standby, it goes into hibernate instead. Sometimes after I leave it for a while, it shuts down completely (have to boot everything again)

yeah what's up with Vista's sleep mode? All it does for me is shut the monitor off, but after about 10 seconds my cpu fan speeds up and turns it back on to the log in screen.

The general fix for the hibernate button not coming up when pushing shift is to go to power options and turn hibernation on. I've noticed that the Windows power options really don't work too well for me. I set it to go into hibernate after so long and I come back after a longer amount of time and it's still on.

Back
Top Bottom