SLI vs Crossfire?

Yeah, but the RAM doesn't affect gameplay that much. All Nvidia's doing for now is delivering the 7800 Go, and the 7800GTX 512MB. At most, I'd say that the extra RAM will give it 1 or 2 FPS? Actually, I don't know, but I've heard that the RAM doesn't really matter that much since today's games aren't that demanding.

ram does make gameplay much better. take a 128mb x800 and a 256mb x800 and teh 256mb will win all the tests

Kuberr said:
Of course. But the change from 256MB to 512MB isn't that significant. I'll look it up in a second.

I agree with kuberr,ive seen the benchmarks. They had one in pc world, there was barly a performance increase.lmao wow moneyman were disagreeing about everything today.

well i said it would make a difference i didnt say how big did i? i win! muahaha but ATI is kicking some ass

ok im the idiot in this topic so could somebody fill me in on the "CROSSFIRE" technology.

jeez you wake up one day and discover something completely new is there.

Crossfire is basically ATI's counter to Nvidia's SLI. It uses two graphics cards (they can be different models, but one has to be Corssfire ready), and are connected by cable. It's more efficient than SLI, and it has more ways to split the graphics load onto the two cards.

so basically do you specify like a master and a slave? or go through bios to specify which one to put the load on. this DOES sound better than sli in theory

Back
Top Bottom