Sli Questions/ suggestions

That looks like a good one. EVGA makes a very good card. You might want to look at 512MB cards if you're planning on stretching it across two screens. Besides, the 512MB versions offer more performance as they are based on the new G92 core.

Ya, I think i can live without streaching across both my monitors, anyway the aimer is in between the two monitors so it is hard to see.
I'm liking the $180 compaited to $270

The 9*** series will almost definitely be revised G92s (the chip used in the 8800GT and 8800GTS 512MB) so they will not be 2 to 3 times faster.
As for which 8800GT to choose, I would go with EVGA. The reason being that they offer excellent customer service, a lifetime warranty and what is called the step-up program, which means when you want to upgrade, you simply send you card back to EVGA and pay the difference on a better one. The full price you payed for your original card is honoured.
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130319- overclocked
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814130318- stock speeds.

I would go with EVGA. The reason being that they offer excellent customer service, a lifetime warranty and what is called the step-up program, which means when you want to upgrade, you simply send you card back to EVGA and pay the difference on a better one. The full price you payed for your original card is honoured.

Nice I did not know about the step-up program. My only question is how long is the step-up program valid? One year?

So i could get the 8800GTS 320Mb for $180 and later Pay $70 (or whatever the difference is) and get the 8800GTS 512Mb

Yes you could. I'm not sure about how long it's valid. Hang on a second, I'll just check on EVGA's site.
EDIT: Seems it was too good to be true. It's within 90 days of the purchase date.
The EVGA Step-upâ„¢ Program is available to all EVGA graphics card customers who are within 90 days of their original purchase date (based upon their invoice date). Customers who received their EVGA graphics card as part of a complete computer system are not eligible - except for those listed on our approved system vendor list.

Back
Top Bottom