sli question.

Ajax117

Baseband Member
hello there, my first post here. i have a 8800gts, and my friend just gave me his 8800gts superclocked card was wondering if these to will be able to sli without doing any underclocking, would it automatically underclock the card to even out with the 8800gts.

they only have to be the same card. you can sli a pny 8800gt with an evga 8800gt they only have to have the same chipsets

i thought to run sli both cards need to be totally the same but i might be wrong

yeah you need to have the same chipsets to run SLI. Manufacturer doesn't matter...and speeds also don't matter, cause most cards will just underclock themselves to match the slower card. I have this in my rig, cause i have a 9800GTX OC and a slightly faster card the 9800 GTX OCX.

just curious, what about a 8800GTS (G80) and a 8800GTS (G92)...? this question could be very relevant to this thread if that's his case...

nope
different chipsets.

then the OP needs to make sure he has the same gpus in both or he may not be able to SLI those cards, if one of his cards is 640MB and the other is 320MB or 512MB he probably won't be able to...

Back
Top Bottom