SLI Motherboard, is it worth it?

Zapdos

In Runtime
Hey guys,
I Have a GeFrorce 6600 GT and I really want to know if my motherboard will support SLI. My Motherboard is a Nvidia nForce Ultra 4. Is that a SLI Motherboard???. And I was wondering if i should get another 6600 GT PCI Express, Graphics card or get a larger card like 7800gt.???

Please help me lol.

It's quite easy to tell. Does it have two PCI-express slots? If yes, then it is an SLI board.
And don't bother with the 6600GT upgrade to a 7800GT

The best bet is to look at your motherboard yourself and look for the slot that your video card is plugged into.. either AGP or PCI-Express x16. If its PCI-Express x16, and there is another slot just like it than it is SLI.

As for another card, you used to have the same model card for SLI.. but I saw a driver that allows for different model cards to work together with SLI. The new card is up to you.. depending on your budget. I'd get a 7800GT. ;)

nope not SLI

edit- wait a minute...no i think it is...or was at one time. It looks like the PCI-e slot is broken (the bottom one) Is it?

No, that is not SLI but if you want to give us the specs of the parts you have now, we can probally do our best to find a motherboard with SLI that you can use.

yeah, i was wondering about thoes slots. Do you think they are 2 Pci Express slots??

Is there anyway i can find out lol?

nevermind what i said, i just looked it up to verify that your motherboard (ASUS A8N-E) is not an SLI board and it indeed is not SLI. But the good news is that it is PCI express so i suggest upgrading to a 7800GT, it will be a lot better than SLI'd 6600GTs.

hey thanks BaHa Wolf :D:D. My Specs are: AMD 3700 2.7ghz, 1gb memory, 6600 GT Nvidia Geforce 128mb.

What else do you need to know

oh, not sli :(. Well, i should get a SLI motherboard sometime anyways cuz if i Get a 7800GT some months later i will get anotherone or something. Thanks for looking it up :)

Back
Top Bottom