Sli or go to Radeon? (9800 GTX+ sli) HELP!`

Your system is not even utilizing all your memory due to the fact your using 32-bit. (32-bit only recognizes 4gb's worth of memory so you're probably only using 3 1/2 gb of your ram and the rest is used up by the graphics card)

Make the the switch to 64-bit before you decide to buy a 1gb graphics card..

Can I switch to 64 bit and still keep all my files and games?:eek: :confused:

No, you can't. You'll have to back up all your essential data. Just do the save games and important docs.

On a side note, if you're still thinking of upgrading to a Radeon card, the 4890 isn't a very good choice right now.

The HD 5870 and HD 5850 hit the market, and yet the HD 4870 / 4890 cards didn't drop in price at all, so now its pretty much HD 4890 for $200, or HD 5850 for $260, and the difference in performance is drastic for $60.

However, if you were to buy a HD 5850 it would be somewhat of a waste being bottlenecked by your system.

don't even upgrade to 64 bit vista. No way is any game utilizing all 4 gigs or even 3gigs of your ram.

and to sli you would need another 9800gt, you can't use a 9600gt

don't even upgrade to 64 bit vista. No way is any game utilizing all 4 gigs or even 3gigs of your ram.

and to sli you would need another 9800gt, you can't use a 9600gt

+1

Yeah, don't upgrade, you won't see any performance increase worth the price, if any. Trust me, spend the money on the new monitor, or CPU and mainboard combo.

wait for a new build :/

because if you upgrade cpu's you'll have to upgrade mobo then gpu's then everything

if you can, take the 700watt psu from this comp to your next build and maybe the hds to save some money

Back
Top Bottom