SLI/Crossfire Motherboards

Raku

Solid State Member
I was thinking of getting either an SLI or X-fire mother board for my new computer but I have a few questions about that. For starters, do you NEED to run SLI or X-fire when you have one of those boards? because finacially I was gonna start with one Nvidia 8800 GTX and just run one for the time being.

My other question is whether question is whether this ASUS board would be able to run SLI. I heard it could run x-fire but I'm liking the idea of SLI better. My friend as the 8800 series and it kicks ass

you won't find a motherboard that supports both sli and crossfire being they are from competing companies.
as for your other question, yes you can run a single card on an sli or crossfire board. it works quite well being thats what i'm doing right now with my a8n-sli :)

xtremezx2 said:
you won't find a motherboard that supports both sli and crossfire being they are from competing companies.

want to put money on that statement? ;)

Actually, Intel claims that their 975x chipset will support both Sli and Crossfire. I have yet to see this though.

this is my baby

if seen this side-by side with an asus striker with the same proc, ram and video cards, and it was hands down the better board of the two in both performance and cusomability. And if your reading this before looking at the link, its an SLI board.

hmm, i can't seem to find the article about SLI and Crossfire and how saying motherboards are SLI certified or Crossfire certified is the biggest BS manufacturers have given us. Basically, it is all software based, not hardware based. You can not physically disable graphics cards that are in Crossfire on an SLi motherboard. So...with the right alterations to code....you can run SLi on a Crossfire motherboard, Crossfire on a SLi motherboard or run both on an Intel motherboard. All you need is two physical pci-e 16x slots.

Back
Top Bottom