Sli?

G9

Daemon Poster
Nvidia?

Is my motherboard compatible with NVIDIA GPU-powered cards?

Alienware's exclusive X2 motherboard features PCI-Express graphic technology and support for the new Intel Xeon processor running at 800MHz system bus. With support for 6 SATA ports, RAID 0/1, 2 processors and 3GB of registered ECC DDR2 RAM, the X2 delivers the power and flexibility for just about any application.

PCI Express
PCI Express is a new bus architecture designed to provide next-generation performance that meets and exceeds the demands of tomorrow's compute-intensive applications. PCI Express for graphics provides the bandwidth required to enable the highest possible levels of performance for high definition video editing, professional graphics content creation, or next-generation 3D games.

Dual Channel DDR2 Memory Controller
Dual-channel DDR2 architecture doubles system memory bandwidth, boosting system performance to outperform any other available memory technology. System bottlenecks are reduced with balanced design and peak bandwidths of up to 8.5GB per second to provide maximum system level performance.

Serial ATA / RAID
Next-generation Serial ATA enables high-speed storage transfers with up to a 50 percent increase in data throughput to reduce application start-up times and provide near-instantaneous data access. Serial ATA RAID 0 and 1 provide unparalleled performance and data security to meet the demands of the most extreme computing enthusiast.

Alienware® X2 Dual Xeon™ Motherboard

Specifications
Name Alienware Exclusive X2 Dual Xeon PCI Express Graphics Motherboard
Memory Type Supports registered ECC memory and Non-ECC
Chipset Intel® E7525 chipset
Memory Capacity 4GB
System Bus 800Mhz / 533Mhz
PCI Express x16 Slots 2
PCI 32/33 Slots 3
USB Ports 4 External, 4 Internal
Firewire (1394) 400 1 External, 2 Internal
SATA Ports 6
LAN Intel® GbE on board

Yep, I'm pretty sure it would support SLI :)

And by the way, any graphics card thats PCI-E would work in those slots by any make, though not when running in SLI, as that is only Nvidia

There is CrossFire that is an ATI version, but I'm not sure how good that is in comparison, and this would also work in the slots you have.

SLI needs two of the same card though. As long as you know that, theres no problems.

I just wanted to know because I currently have a ATI FireGL.

Back
Top Bottom