slave drive problem

coleraine1

Beta member
I just hooked up a slave drive to my computer (IDE/DISKst340016a).when i look at its properties in device manager, it says it is installed and working properly. and theres no difference that i can see between it and my primary drive. but heres the issue: its not available in "my computer". i have no idea what to do. any ideas?

OTHER INFO: i already messed with it in the f2 setup page. i set primary slave drive to auto detect and it is viewable there. (no other secondary drive options worked. i tried them all because i wasnt sure what type of drive it was)

It probably just needs to be initialized and formatted in disk manager. Hold down the Windows key and R at the same time to bring up the "Run" dialogue box. Type in diskmgmt.msc in the text box and press Enter. This will bring up disk manager. You should be able to see your new drive in there. Just right click on it and you should see the available options. You should be able to initialize, format, assign a drive letter, etc from there.

Back
Top Bottom