Simple question

I was thinking about upgrading to windows 64 bit, but I heard that some programs will not work using windows 64 bit. Actually, alot of the programs I like won't work with windows 64 bit. I was just wondering if it would be worth it to upgrade.

Last I heard, there were only a few programs that were known not to work. There was a list somewhere in these forums, I think.

Do note of course that even though the Windows would be 64bit and so might run faster, most programs that you will be using will still be 32bit, and even though these will still be compatable, you won't get a speed boost from this new operating system as yet.

I'd wait if I were you until more programs are developed with 64bit architecture :)

I agree with kage. Waiting for programs to start to get more advanced with new technology would be the best way to go, otherwise you are going to purchase 64-bit hoping that it will run a lot faster for certain programs, when all in reality it is the same speed as the program used to be in the first place... I would wait also.

Back
Top Bottom