Simple open source projects

qah661

Baseband Member
Hello everyone! I am a highschool student that loves programming. I have programmed some pet projects myself, but I want to move onto something a little bigger. I want to get into some open source projects. I have look on codeplex.com, and sourceforge.com. Those projects are nice, but they are too hard for me. I know programming, but I'm not that good. Also, I have a problem with reading code from other people. What are some "simple" open source projects in which a person like me can get into without wanting to jump out of the window? :p

Thanks

Hi,

This is a hard question to answer, here are the reasons why. One: we don't know what languages you know. Once we find that out then we can start to come up with some ideas for projects.

Second I don't know if you are understanding the meaning of Open Source. Once you right a program, have all the code ready to go then, you can decide how you want to copy right the material. There are a couple of license that you can use that will allow you to have your code be open source. One of the licenses is the GNU General Public License. The other one is the Creative Commons License. I would recommend that you do some reading on both and see which one would fit you best.

Lets start with that and then go from there.

Cheers!

Well, first of all, I don't plan on making open source projects myself. I want to get into some already existing projects that are open source and add features, fix bugs, etc. I know a little bit of C++, I am very good with C# and pretty good with ASP.NET.

Back
Top Bottom