Simple but effective PC build

Yeah, 450 watts will do. Probably get a nice brand though. Silverstone, Antec, etc. Most PSUs use 120mm fans, so I wouldn't worry about that.

I purposely picked out parts that run relatively cool. You shouldn't have to worry too much about getting a case that has awesome airflow, that sounds liek a good plan.

Thanks a lot :) I'd give you rep Freestyler, but the damn thing won't let me. I must have given some to you recently :p

I may order in the next day or so, so I can get what I've been trying to do up and running.

I hope that build goes well. I hate it when you get everything installed and it doesn't power on or something else goes wrong. Worst nightmare. That's why I take my time and make sure each individual component are installed the right way (grounded at all times), one at a time--not all at once, lol.

That MicroDirect website is pretty good. Easy to navigate and the filtering is awesome. I feel it's better than Newegg on certain things.

Hmm... I'm guessing around £350 to be around my maximum I'd spend. May not seem like a lot, but we'll see what we can come up with.

EDIT:

Thanks muz too :)

I think I am looking for a Core 2 though for the moment since its the most up to date, if I want to do some rendering, etc with the PC overnight for example.

As for picking it up, I think I'll have it all delivered :p Microdirect are great for that, and haven't had anything go wrong.

PROCESSOR:

If I got for example this, which is the cheapest Core 2 available:
Intel CPU Core 2 Duo E4300 1.8GHz

Would that be faster than what I have on this rig?
Yeah no worries its just i didnt know your budget at the time . Also it makes more sense to get a core 2 duo if you have the money . And that pc will pretty much own what you have now . Also are you going to the microdirect store or ordering from the internet

I'll probably order from the Internet. I did it with this PC build, and was very impressed with their service.

Yeah, haha, so its pretty funny I'll be using it to play emulators and a dancing game... Would also make a pretty good media centre too, since I'll be connecting it straight to the TV.

Its just a shame I don't know more about parts that work best together to produce the best results. So much has gone on in the tech world that I've sort of lost touch :p I need to catch up!

I'll probably order from the Internet. I did it with this PC build, and was very impressed with their service.

Yeah, haha, so its pretty funny I'll be using it to play emulators and a dancing game... Would also make a pretty good media centre too, since I'll be connecting it straight to the TV.

I usualy go down to there showroom but i am in manchester and about 5 mins drive from there but :)
Anyway , yeah talk about overpowered lol . Whats wrong with the machine you have now

My machine I have now runs everything I want, but its upstairs, and its shared.

Having one downstairs will mean it'll be mine, and always connected when I want it in the living room, so it'll be a lot more accessible.

It just doesn't make much sense buying a low grade system when I may later on have better uses for it along the line.

I managed to get 2 computers from family to see if I could get them to work correctly, but, all of them are way below par for use.

EDIT:

Thats pretty nice...

The video card is the only low grade part... Oh, and I don't think it has a sound card.

Buying a pre-built one for this use though may not be a bad idea. Thanks for that :)

Back
Top Bottom