Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today

Old 07-30-2005, 03:24 AM   #1
Solid State Member

Wink Simple advice please!

I am currently deciding which DVD burner to upgrade to. I currently use a Sony DRU-530a and now want to access DVD-R Dual Layer burning which this drive doesn't support. I have been pleased with my Sony and am considering staying with them in the formof the Sony DRU-800a or switching to the Pioneer DVR-109. After extensive attempts to get up to date reviews I have resorted to the one place where I know I will get good, honest advice. Any suggestions, recommendations welcome. Thanks

JL10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2005, 03:29 AM   #2
Golden Master

Default Re: Simple advice please!

I personally recommend this:

LG White 16X DVD+R 8X DVD+RW 4X DVD+R DL 16X DVD-R 6X DVD-RW 5X DVD-RAM 16X DVD-ROM 40X CD-R 24X CD-RW 40X CD-ROM 2M Cache IDE DVD Burner
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16827136047

It will write in Dual Layer DVD+R. I have that same one and loving it. THe reviews on there tells it all.

Old 07-30-2005, 03:48 AM   #3
Solid State Member

Default Tried it!

Thanks for getting back so quick Guru, the problem is I've tried this drive and had to return it. The drive didn't burn consistantly enough for me. 1 in 4 discs and at varying quality too. I guess I must've had a bum drive as I read the reviews before purchasing the LG and they're awesome! However, I need DVD-R DL support not just DVD+R DL...any other suggestions. Are the Pioneer DVR-109 and Sony DRU-800a any good...the reviews seem to think they're pretty good?!
JL10 is offline   Reply With Quote