*Sigh.* Damned advrcntr2.dll

Pie1

Beta member
Hello.

Firstly, I just want to thank you for giving me some of your time.

I've run into what I consider to be a frustrating situation. I just downloaded a movie with torrent (yes, I do own the movie on VHS, but moisture from being hidden away for so long has made it unusable) and I can't completely play the file. I know this is a common problem, but the Nero error window says, "This program requires the file advrcntr2.dll, which was not found on this system." If I click "OK," the file starts anyway with the video intact but the sound completely missing.

I have searched on the web for about a half-hour and I've tried a few things but nothing is repaired. I have tried downloading advrcntr2.dll from DLL-files.com (despite warnings not to) and putting it in ProgramFiles/CommonFiles/Ahead's Lib folder as suggested; I have downloaded and installed the latest version of DivX; I have tried playing the file in all of my media players. All of my other video files work (though I'll admit, even though both are compressed with DivX, they don't seem to be exactly the same... afterall, the sound for my new file doesn't work but does for everything else), so I'm not entirely sure what's the problem.

I've also read suggestions to uninstall and reinstall Nero, but I don't have the installation CD.

Just in case this can help...

Properties for the file that doesn't work:

Hunt.png

Properties for a file that does work:

South.png

Notice the audio format for the former isn't listed....

Thanks a lot for any and all help!

Sincerely,
Pie

or download divx which has alot of codecs, but you will come across errors like this alot with downloading, it will say you need codecs, well, just google em and download

I had DivX before and I updated it before posting here; do you mean a specific version of it?

Antdemo, thank you for your input. I downloaded the AC3 Audio Codec from divxmovies.com and it finally works on all of my media players! :D

Back
Top Bottom