*Sigh*Another problem

First of all sorry dell_ate_my_dog, i heard it in the simpsons thought it was quite funny :p
Ok, this is what happened now...
I realised that one of the things that the IDE Cable's plug into (not into the hardrive, into the motherboard) is broken....Just 1 of them, I have 3 in total.
so on one of them i plugged it in and plugged the other side into the CD Drive ... I also plugged it into my floppy as there were 3 "branches" on the cable.......
The other IDE cable, i just plugged one side into the motherboard and the other into the hardrive....Leaving the broken one with nothing in it.
I re-seated the ram, and my video card...
But still when i turn it on, nothing. You can hear that the computer is on, and can see some lights from inside the case...the fans are moving....but no sound and nothing on the monitor....
Any ideas to what i could be doing wronmg?

FuRgy said:
But still when i turn it on, nothing. You can hear that the computer is on, and can see some lights from inside the case...the fans are moving....but no sound and nothing on the monitor....
Any ideas to what i could be doing wronmg?

i'm having the exact same problem with my computer too. at first i thought it could be the video card has a broken connection or something, cause my monitor comes off my video card, my motherboard doesn't have a monitor output. i think it's either the motherboard, HDD, or video card, but i don't have too many spare parts to test and error it. so if anyone has any clue on what's goin on that'd be nice

Bah! I;ve given up on that compityer, I might either give it to a shop, or get my m8 to look at it

Back
Top Bottom