Showdown

lol its un fair ? its part of the graphics card. Am i afraid, no lol it comes with the card so im going to use it to my advantage. dont be jealous cause ATi does not have the feature.

It doesnt really matter to me that much because i know the 295 comes on top of the 4870x2 on nearly all game benches.

i dont see how its unfair when it comes part of the graphics card lol.

got my benchmarks :p
*Note I am on MCE'05 so I had to use 3dm06 - I believe the marking engine/scoring basis are different for vantage and 06.*

Q95systemOC.jpg

03marksfurmark.jpg

3dm06.jpg

SuperPI15XS.jpg

lol its un fair ? its part of the graphics card. Am i afraid, no lol it comes with the card so im going to use it to my advantage. dont be jealous cause ATi does not have the feature.

It doesnt really matter to me that much because i know the 295 comes on top of the 4870x2 on nearly all game benches.

i dont see how its unfair when it comes part of the graphics card lol.
This is a very delicate situation. You will argue that you have this feature available to you and that you have the right to use it. I can argue that it's ridiculous that the CPU is doubled when running physics on the GPU should actually bring a decrease in frame rates. But then the CPU tests are not measured in frame rates but in calculations per second.

I will let you use it because you are already losing badly and I feel sorry for you :D

Now post an extreme preset score.

How do you not see that its unfair? :confused: Usually when you are comparing two things, you want less variables that come into effect. You're like giving your CPU steroids. :eek:

My bet is on Rohan when he gets his second GPU, thats if he overclocks his GPUs and his CPU :p If not, then its easily going to worshipme. CPU might go to Tech if he wants to use PhysX. lol :eek:

Well i guess he will need to find s HSF that covers the base of his whole CPU. Tricky trying to find one for the Core i7

Oh yes he will, I already beat him at SuperPI :D

lol his i7 is still better in real world applications than your cpu, and wait im confused ????

are you telling me to turn my physX off for my cpu score ???? or gpu score ??? cause ill turn it off to do a cpu bench but not to a GPU bench because thats part of my graphics card, comes stock with it so sorry. Thats like asking someone that has a 4GB card to turn off the 2 gb to compete with someone with a 2gb card, this is just an example and i know you cant do that lol, just giving an example.

Exact same? the main differences of the 4870x2 and the 295 are the memory speed, and the availability of PhysX on the card. Technically in "benching" you would disable all extra features, but since the /actual/ benching of the cards is in real-time apps, PhysX counts. I'd say test with and without.

EDIT: Where are everyone's 3dmV scores?

I ran at 1440x900 for furmark and 1280x1024 on 3dm06
60000ms for furmark and 1m calculations on SuperPI using SuperPI 1.5xs. Worship, your bench on SuperPI was not sufficient because it was rounding the seconds. You need to use 1.5xs for correct time.

Run it all stock on furmark 1.65 (1440x900 res) and run it all stock on 3dmV. I'm sure ATi has some enabled benefits that Nvidia doesn't.

Back
Top Bottom