Go Back   Computer Forums > General Computing > Hardware
Click Here to Login
Join Computer forums Today


Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
 
Old 07-23-2012, 07:12 PM   #1
Solid State Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 6
Default Should I Upgrade or Wait?

Hello, I'm thinking about upgrading my current pc for better gaming but, I am also going to be getting a new one down the road anyways. My question is with the specs I put below should I just wait and get a new one(suggestions welcome) or would it be an inexpensive upgrade?

Ram: 2Gb
CPU:Intel(R) Celeron(R) CPU 900 @ 2.20GHz
OS: Win7
Video Card:Mobile Intel(R) 4 Series Express Chipset Family

Now this pc is basicly stock. I haven't added anything as I can think of thats why I'm thinking about just getting a new one anyways. Also just ask if you need more specs. I'm kind of a noob... kind of.



--------------------------------------------------------------------------
I know there are quite a few people that have been looking to backup the computers. I am currently using
Online backup, computer backup and pc backup from MyPCBackup. The best if you ask my opinion.
--------------------------------------------------------------------------
__________________

GloriousPlague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 04:52 AM   #2
In Runtime
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Canada
Posts: 322
Default Re: Should I Upgrade or Wait?

What games do you play, and what settings would you lie to play at?
Imo, you should just get a new pc, but if you want to upgrade atm then I would suggest an extra 2GB if RAM
__________________

Edsterr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 10:32 AM   #3
Solid State Member
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Location: United States
Posts: 6
Default Re: Should I Upgrade or Wait?

Thanks I kinda figured I should just wait on the new pc... I like higher end games anyway. Currently the only game that I have really got to play is Skyrim on the lowest settings with Game Booster.
GloriousPlague is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-24-2012, 11:54 AM   #4
Fully Optimized
 
OhSnapWord's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2012
Location: USA
Posts: 1,853
Default Re: Should I Upgrade or Wait?

Is it a laptop? The only thing you could really upgrade is the RAM.
__________________
FX-8350 @ 4.7 cooled by H80, 32GB Mushkin Enhanced Blackline 2133, Asus Sabertooth 990FX, 2x Radeon HD 7850 2GB in X-fire, 500GB Samsung 850 Evo, 4TB Seagate, 3TB WD Black, 2x 1TB WD RED in RAID 0
OhSnapWord is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
backup, gaming, upgrade

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are On
Pingbacks are On
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:18 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 4
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Friendly URLs by vBSEO 3.6.0