should i upgrade my laptop to vista

Haku Mioje

Daemon Poster
ok ive been thinking about it alot lately and i cant decide if i should upgrade to vista or not... i know my laptop can support it because it came capable of upgrading and ive added a bigger cpu and more ram since then... give me some advice on weather to upgrade or not

Answer these, and we'll help you out as much as we can:

1. What do you use the laptop for? Work? Home? Gaming?
2. Anything in particular that you want from an upgrade? What's the main reason you're thinking about this?
3. A few programs still aren't compatible with Vista, or don't work perfectly like they do on XP from my experiences. What sort of programs do you use on a daily basis?

I've kept XP on my laptop because there is simply no reason for an upgrade. I use my laptop primarily at school and home, and it works fine the way it is. Even though I am a tech nut and love having the newest technology, I simply have no reason to spend more money on something that won't really do anything for me.

If I didn't have Vista on my home computer, that would be a different story.

ok well im using the laptop for school, home and some gaming... the main reason i was wanting it was to have the updated tech... the main programs i use is the internet, utorrent, limewire,adobe photoshop cs2, itunes, and the other basics like media player and stuff other then that not much

what are the specs of the laptop? Also, look and see if your laptop has vista drivers for it.

yea, specs?
if your planning on paying for it then i wouldnt bother, well depending on how good the laptop is (or if its worth waiting for an upgrade), so specs :p

the laptop should run it ok, and you seem to want it, so why not go for it :)
the only problem is the 80gb hdd. vista takes up more space = less space for files obviously. might not be a problem for you but i like a nice amount of stuff on my laptop :)

Back
Top Bottom