Should I upgrade?

Yep, I have been doing that and is the main reason I don't have anything in stone yet. Been looking at reviews features after awhile I take a break because I can get brain gridlock if I look at them to long. I maybe able to get a motherboard in July or August, don't know yet. I need to get some things done on the truck, so it maybe fall before I can think about a new system. We shall see how it goes. Wd65

I can understand that. I took a year to build my i5 system. Watching... Waiting... :cool:

Anyone is having plan to build Ryzen R5 based computer? have plan to build it with GTX 1050 TI

I tend to agree with AMD but that 1050ti is pretty decent. I always make sure that my video cards are at least 128 bit but that RX is 256 bit which makes it better.

I think i have figured out how to build my new computer and do it slow. AsRock has a motherboard that will use ddr2 and ddr3 and am2, am2+, am3,Am3+ processors. In am3+ it supports 8 core processors and 16 gigs of ddr3 ram. I can use my current power supply, CPU fan, chassis fans, ide dvd burners and sata3. For the time being, i can use the ddr2 i have and the am2 processor and upgrade later. the board is: AsRock N68C-GS4 FX-95watt. I can get it new for $49.95!!! Its close to what i want as i was thinking a 4 core fx with 16 gigs of ram. This board can work for me without killing my pocketbook! I have downloaded the manuals and the reviews are really good for the board and it different options. I wa thinking about a fx-4300 quad core for it with the 16 gigs of ram later on. I think it will handle a fx-8300 8 core too. So i have many options. This looks like a win-win for me. What you all think? Wd65

Sounds good Dan but do you need 16 gigs of ram? IIRC you said you only use your PC for mostly web browsing.

Future needs in that figure. Might start with 8 gigs or so and go from there. I can buy the processor as i can afford it and the ram too. Its gives me the use of that 3rd gig of ram or i may see if i can find another 2 gig chipset for ram. Don't know how long i will use that but i at least have the options open for me with that board.

Last edited:
It's good to think ahead but don't forget that they're "has been" stuff. In that case get the DDR3 mems while you can. Don't worry about the DDR2 except for what you have.

I'm willing to bet you that you'll never run out of memory with 8 gigs.

I think i have figured out how to build my new computer and do it slow. AsRock has a motherboard that will use ddr2 and ddr3 and am2, am2+, am3,Am3+ processors. In am3+ it supports 8 core processors and 16 gigs of ddr3 ram. I can use my current power supply, CPU fan, chassis fans, ide dvd burners and sata3. For the time being, i can use the ddr2 i have and the am2 processor and upgrade later. the board is: AsRock N68C-GS4 FX-95watt. I can get it new for $49.95!!! Its close to what i want as i was thinking a 4 core fx with 16 gigs of ram. This board can work for me without killing my pocketbook! I have downloaded the manuals and the reviews are really good for the board and it different options. I wa thinking about a fx-4300 quad core for it with the 16 gigs of ram later on. I think it will handle a fx-8300 8 core too. So i have many options. This looks like a win-win for me. What you all think? Wd65

Why are you even considering AM3+? Why don't you start a new thread, list your current components and your goals so we can help you better?

Back
Top Bottom