should i update?
so i got the P06 bios on my XFX board, and the most recent one is the P08 bios.
I dont know if i should update, i get worried of bricking my board. the P08 bios contains
* Added support for new Penryn dual core CPUs
* Added FSB-overclocking support to the new Penryn FSB-1066/1333 CPUs
* Fixed compatibility issues of OS + ACPI
* Fixed restoring disabled device states & fan speeds after suspend/resume
* Fixed PCI and PCIe compatibility issues
* Added device functionality improvements (includes GPUs & Sound cards)
* Fixed SATA / MAC / USB compatibility issues
* Added support for auto-overvoltaging when overclocking
* Improved nTune compatibility
* Improved memory compatibility
* SLI-Memory option is disabled for 4 DIMM configurations. Manual memory overclocking is still possible at the user’s discretion
so far, my computer is doing fine, and i havent overclocked yet, and if i did, i will probably OC to 3.0Ghz.
If i update, will i get any performance gains with my current hardware?
specs are on the sig.
thanks in advance
Desktop -Cooler Master NV690/AMD Phenom II X4 965 BE/MSI 880G-E45 Motherboard/2 x 2GB DDR3 G.Skill Ripjaws X/Sapphire HD 5870 1GB GDDR5/CORSAIR CMPSU-550VX/Seagate 7200.12 500GB (OS), Samsung F3 1TB (Storage)/Sony DVD Burner/Windows 7 Professional 64-bit